Other Community Dog Owner Groups
MassDOG: a coalition of Dog Owner Groups in the Commonwealth
Important Local Resources for Dog Owners
- Arlington Animal Control — contact our ACO Amanda Kennedy
- Arlington Town Clerk — be sure to license your dog to help him return home quickest when lost!
- Dog Bite FAQ — Arm yourself with information so that you will be prepared if you, yourself, or a bystander experiences a dog bite.
- Off-Leash Recreation in Arlington — rules and privileges from Arlington Recreation
- Robbins Library, Arlington — read about the A-DOG display
Educational and News Sites/Publications
- YourArlington an Arlington news site for community journalism
- Arlington Community Media, Inc “…an electronic forum
- for the free exchange of information and ideas which reflect the talents, skills, interests, concerns, and diversity of the Arlington community.”
- Whole Dog Journal Information on training, food, health and related topics. Does not accept advertising, to maintain objectivity.
Informational material provided by Friends of A-DOG businesses: (Current or prospective Friends and partners, contact us for more information about this new section)
- Dr. Becky Schoenberg, Autumn Care and Crossings blogs about important topics such as pet hospice care and what to expect after your pet passes away.
- BluePearl Specialty and Emergency Pet Hospital offers a Pet Library for learning more about your pet’s health.
- Maida Pharmacy and Compounding Center provides information about veterinary medicines.
Dog Rescue and Protection Groups
- American Lab Rescue
- Animal Rescue League
- New England Brittany Rescue
- ProtectDogs, on the Greyhound Protection Act
- Petfinder.com, find dogs for adoption and connect to rescue groups serving your area
Dogs Helping People in Need
- NEADS – the organization highlighted in “Prison Pups”, training assistance dogs for the disabled and hearing impaired
- NorthStar Foundation, a leading organization providing assistance dogs for children with autism and other developmental disorders, or suffering grief or other emotional challenges
- Dog B.O.N.E.S. Therapy Dogs of Massachusetts – maybe you and your dog can be a therapy dog team, too!
Dog Training Programs
- Charles River Dog Training Club, whose vice-president, Maryanne King, is a member of ADOG. Maryanne provided this information: “We offer puppy kindergarten and beginner obedience courses, as well as drop-in classes for competitive obedience and other dog sports.”
In addition, please note that Business Friends of A-DOG offer discounts for training classes for A-DOG members.