Arlington Dog Owners Group, or A-DOG, was organized by a group of concerned dogowners and friends to address issues around dogs and people in Arlington, MA. We incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the spring, 2008. A-DOG is a tax-exempt public charity under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Our guiding principles are:
- Relationships with dogs and other companion animals have numerous benefits to individuals of all ages, and to the community at large.
- With dog ownership comes responsibility, not only to promote the health and welfare of one’s dog, but also to ensure that one’s dog does not adversely affect the safety of others.
A-DOG’s mission includes:
- Advocating for the rights and interests of Arlington dog owners.
- Promoting responsible dog ownership, emphasizing respect for the rights and interests of neighbors and the community and the welfare of our companion animals.
- Educating the community about dog behavior and other factors influencing canine-human interactions.
- Working to promote safe, healthy recreational venues for dogs on- and off-leash in Arlington, enabling responsible dog owners to exercise and socialize their dogs.
Current board of directors (2012 – 2014): Wes Beal; Joan Black (VP, Membership); Susan Doctrow (President); Ellen Duranceau; Andrew Fischer; Molly Flueckiger; Deborah Goldsmith; Amy Goldstein; Hank Haddad; Christine Hagg (Clerk); Meghan Henning; Mary McCartney; Susan Ruderman (VP, Development); Ann Smith (VP, Operations); Roslyn Smith; Robin Varghese (Treasurer); and Judy Weinberg
Founding directors: Susan Doctrow* and Susan Ruderman (co-Presidents); Andrew Fischer; MaryAnna Foskett (Clerk); Brenda Kokubo; Carrie Moore; Mary Mangan; Ann Smith; Roslyn Smith (Vice President); and Judy Weinberg (*also Treasurer)