Arlington Dog Owners Group, or A-DOG, was organized by a group of concerned dogowners and friends to address issues around dogs and people in Arlington, MA. We incorporated as a new not-for-profit organization in the spring, 2008.
Our guiding principles are:
- Relationships with dogs and other companion animals have numerous benefits to individuals of all ages, and to the community at large.
- With dog ownership comes responsibility, not only to promote the health and welfare of one’s dog, but also to ensure that one’s dog does not adversely affect the safety of others.
A-DOG’s mission includes:
- Advocating for the rights and interests of Arlington dog owners.
- Promoting responsible dog ownership, emphasizing respect for the rights and interests of neighbors and the community and the welfare of our companion animals.
- Educating the community about dog behavior and other factors influencing canine-human interactions.
- Working to promote safe, healthy recreational venues for dogs on- and off-leash in Arlington, enabling responsible dog owners to exercise and socialize their dogs.
Please join us in our inaugural year! Click here for a form that can be printed and mailed to us.
Founding directors: Susan R. Doctrow and Susan C. Ruderman (co-Presidents); Andrew Fischer; MaryAnna Foskett; Brenda Kokubo; Carrie Moore; Mary Mangan; Ann Smith; Roslyn Smith; and Judy Weinberg
Copyright 2008 – 2009, Arlington Dog Owners Group, all rights reserved